Thanks to the new map, all of Upper Perkiomen Valley School District is in the same congressional district – District 4! The Pennsylvania primary election is Tuesday, May 15, 2018. Three individuals have announced they are running in the Democratic primary for our newly drawn congressional district; (Pa State Representative) Mary Jo Daley, (Pa. State Representative) Madeline Dean, and Shira Goodman (yes, all women!).
On Tuesday, April 3, 2018, you can meet and talk with these 3 congressional candidates, along with our area’s democratic candidates for PA State House; Andy Lee and Josh Camson, and PA State Senate, Linda Fields. The Upper Perk Area 2 meeting begins at 7:30 p.m. at the Upper Perkiomen Middle School, 510 Jefferson Street, East Greenville, PA and is open to the public.
A few FAQs
- Pennsylvania has 18 congressional districts.
- Each congressional district elects one Representative in the U.S. House of Representatives.
- The U.S. House of Representatives has 435 voting representatives.
- Each congressional district has roughly 710,000 people in it (as of the 2010 census).
- Ideally, each district is composed of communities, cities/suburbs/rural areas with shared interests (not voter registration).